SÍGUEME EN INSTAGRAM

★★★ 1/2
★★★★★★
★★★★
★★★★
★★★★ 1/2
★★★★★
★★★★

BLOG TOUR: The Hard Truth About Sunshine - Sawyer Bennett [REVIEW]

30 mar. 2017

FBHardTruthNowAvailable

New York Times bestselling author Sawyer Bennett has written her most gripping and poignant tale yet. Provocatively heart-breaking, audaciously irreverent and romantically fulfilling, The Hard Truth About Sunshine exposes just how very thin the line is between a full life and an empty existence.

An angry, bitter amputee.

An optimist losing her eyesight.

A dying kid.

A suicidal thief.

Four people with nothing in common but their destination.

Despite having narrowly escaped death’s clutches, Christopher Barlow is grateful for nothing. His capacity to love has been crushed. He hates everyone and everything, completely unable to see past the gray stain of misery that coats his perception of the world. It’s only after he involuntarily joins a band of depressed misfits who are struggling to overcome their own problems, does Christopher start to re-evaluate his lot in life.

What could they possibly learn from one another? How could they possibly help each other to heal? And the question that Christopher asks himself over and over again… can he learn to love again?

He’s about to find out as he embarks upon a cross country trip with a beautiful woman who is going blind, a boy with terminal cancer, and an abuse victim who can’t decide whether she wants to live or die.

They will encounter adventure, thrills, loss and love.

And within their travels they will learn the greatest lesson of all.

The hard truth about sunshine…


Warning: This book deals with some tough issues including suicide and sexual abuse.

Amazon | Paperback | B&N | iBooks | Google Play | Kobo


NOTE: I usually don't write in English, so I apologize for any mistake before you start reading. 

WOW. I can't find the words to describe how this book made me feel.  

I've never read anything of Sawyer Bennett until this little piece of sunshine came into my life,  I completely love it! The story felt so real, emocional, beautiful and heartbreaking but also so hopeful. It was so different of anything I've read before and even I burst into tears when I finish it I also was smiling.

In The Hard Truth About Sunshine we found the story of four amazing characters that have nothing in common. Each one face their own demons, but on that road trip they found friendship, love, and hope. I'm not gonna lie, I've never expected it to be so... real. What Barb, Connor, Christopher and Jillian face is stuff that actually happen and even I cried in some parts (mostly at the end) I can say that it's a book that everyone must give a chance on.

The way the book is written is so beautiful and to alternate between Christopher's past and present was a wonderful decision. I really like how we can see his evolution from someone who in one moment thought about suicide to someone that now just want to have hope and live.

I'm not joking when I say that I love it, I really do. So go and get it and read it and love it too.

ABOUT THE AUTOR

AuthorPhoto
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released more than 30 books and has been featured on both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists on multiple occasions. A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone. Sawyer likes her Bloody Marys strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two. When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active toddler, as well as full-time servant to two adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or a combination of the two.

12 comentarios:

  1. Loreeeee <3
    Tú me mataras, pero yo te comento en español. Mi inglés es caca y a duras y pude leer la entrada. xD "beautiful and heartbreaking but also so hopeful" ¿me convence? me has convencido sencillamente con esto y venga, que la portada grita romance a los cuatro vientos. Ya sabes cómo soy con el tema, así que mejor no digo nada xD. Personajes variopintos, es mi siguiente observación xD, me gusta que haya personajes muy distintos, preferiblemente que no tengan NADA en común, así que sigue yendo por muy buen camino.
    Lamento el comentario corto xD pero como he dicho, no entiendo la mitad :P y soy demasiado floja como para utilizar google translate y que me den una mala traducción, pues me enoja. Me alegra que te haya gustado, puede ser que me lo apunte, estaré pendiente de otros comentarios sobre él :)
    ¡Besitos! :3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Alee<3
      Jajaja, pues espero que te guste la reseña en español de mañana :D Pues sí, los personajes son bastante diferentes entre sí y es genial :)
      Beso♥

      Eliminar
  2. ¡Hola Loree! Escribiré mi comentario en español porque aunque no me cuesta demasiado entender el inglés, hablarlo se me da faltal, sobretodo con los tiempos. Siento que digo como "Yo jugar al parque" o algo así cnsdjknkj;-;
    Me alegro muchísimo de que el libro te haya gustado tanto y te haya hecho tan tan feliz. También me alegro mucho de que los personajes te hayan gustado tanto, como te comentaba, mi inglés no es el mejor de este mundo así que no podría decirte si me llaman mucho la atención porque siento que entendí todo mal NCJKNSDKJNDSKJNKDS pero si es como creo que es, entonces debe ser genial leerlos porque parecen muy wow. Y ps, la verdad es que leería el libro pero ya, tercera vez que lo digo pero mi inglés es horrible, ok, mejor lo asumo de una vez NJKCNSDJK y preferiría partir leyendo algo más simple, que no tenga tantos cambios temporales:c aún así muchísimas gracias por la reseña. <3

    Espero que tengas un maravilloso día. :3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Catt<33 (Ahora ya no Em xD)
      Jajajaja suele pasar xD Yo también siento que escribo así a veces D:
      No me hizo taaan feliz en cierta parte, pero sí me gustó ;3 No es muy difícil de entender, es contemporáneo así que el lenguaje es de un nivel básico-intermedio... de todos modos gracias por pasarte por aquí y comentar♥

      Eliminar
  3. Hi!
    Thanks for the recomendation, i've never seen it and looks good but for the moment I have a lot in my TBR xD
    I'm glad you liked it ;D
    Kisess

    ResponderEliminar
  4. ¡Holaaa Lore bella! <3 jajaja, para variarle un poco :P Osheee, me sentí tan genial leyéndote en inglés :') Muy bello, muy bello, sin dudas que me ha dado mucha curiosidad, no he leído muchos Road trip pero sé que es un concepto que me gusta, así que ya me está llamando el libro, oh, y este Christopher, del suicidio y demás, se me hizo un tema muy interesante ;) Así que espero leerlo :D
    ¡Beeeesitos! :3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Jajaja♥ Oww graciaas :D Es el primero que leo! Recién me doy cuenta xD
      Sip, tiene un trasfondo bastante interesante ;)
      ¡Un beso!

      Eliminar
  5. ¡Hoooola, bonita!
    Ay, estos libros que terminas con lágrimas pero a la vez sonriendo son geniales porque eso significa que han sabido remover tus sentimientos hasta tal punto que no puedes decidirte solo por uno. Me ha encantado tu forma de transmitirnos cuantísimo lo has disfrutado y como nuestros cuatro protagonistas nos muestran una historia muy real, creo que eso es lo que más me gusta de todo.

    ¡Mil besos, preciosa!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Owww sí♥ Y cuando encima te hacen pensar sobre ciertas cosas y terminas filosofando de la vida... ¡me encanta! Graciaas por leerme :3 Un beso<3

      Eliminar
  6. Hey Lore, sorry but i'm not that good on grammar so be patient... I can't believe that i understood most of the post -feels good- i'm gonna give it a chance to the book bc i really enjoy all road trip's stories and stuff and your review is really enthusiast... maybe on english ? is not that difficult? what do you think?

    well, it's been great to read your review... XOXOXO and take care of u. bye

    well, it's been great to read your review... XOXOXO and take care. bye

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Fey♥
      You're really good at grammar! This book is not difficult to read. I understood everything and the english level is basic-intermediate so I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be difficult for you :)

      XOXOXO!

      Eliminar